There is nothing like the smell of fresh baked homemade aroma of bread wafting through my kitchen as it bakes in the oven. Mmm, the smell lets face it, it is the most satisfying homely smell you can get.
Maybe you were selling a property and you wanted that homely smell. Either you made Fresh Bread, Coffee or maybe bought some flowers. But the best smell has to be the Homemade Bread. In my opinion.
I am going to show you how to put this recipe together really quick and easy. And the best part about it, its cheap! No, actually the best part about this Vegan Focaccia Bread is that it tastes delicious.
I made this last night, to complement a Vegan Curry. And the thing is you can change the recipe around depending on what you want it to complement. This bread is such a treat. Focaccia is a flat oven-baked Italian bread, and the texture is similar in style to pizza doughs. You can dunk it into your best olive oil in the pantry, or your favorite Vegan Curry. I really hope this Focaccia bread recipe becomes a regular in your kitchen as it has been in mine.
I am not kidding when I say this recipe takes no effort and very minimal hands-on time to put this together. As I said earlier maybe you’re selling your house and want it to smell really homely. And what about entertaining, this recipe is perfect to take to a family and/or friends gathering, party or barbeque. Maybe you are hosting a party or gathering you can whip these bad boys up in minutes (Obviously though just to be clear, rising, resting or chilling time is not considered).
Bottom Line – These are super easy, quick and delicious.
Ready, Let get started!
What you will need to make Focaccia Vegan Bread
A greased 15 inch by 2-inch ovenproof dish (If it’s deeper, that’s all good)
- 4 Teaspoons of yeast
- 1 and a half cups of water
- 4 cups flour (All purpose) But any flour will do, just adjust accordingly
- 2 Teaspoons Olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon sugar
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- 2 Teaspoons of garlic powder (optional)
- 4 Teaspoons of cumin seeds
Let’s put it all together
- Pour 4 cups of warm water in a bowl
- Add the 4 teaspoons of yeast
- Let it stand for 10 minutes
- In another bowl put in your 4 cups of flour add the garlic powder, salt, cumin seeds, sugar, olive oil, and cumin seeds
- Add the water (with the yeast in) to the flour mix
- Give it a stir
- Flour your kitchen side and take your dough like ingredients out of the bowl
- Knead for 6 to 8 minutes
- Grease a bowl and put your dough in it, cover with clingfilm and let stand for about 1 hour (It should double in Size)
- When risen, flour your kitchen sides again and roll your dough
- Put it in your greased baking ban and put int he oven for about 25 minutes on 150
Ok, take it out, cut it up any way you choose. And I guarantee this Bread will be delicious. Not just for your Vegan friends or family but an all-rounder delicious bread!!
Let me know if you make, would love to hear any comments. And of course, if you have any questions. You know what to do!!
Ohh before I forget, to all my Kiwi friends (Fiona) especially. Summertime is upon you. And what do we Kiwi loves in the Summer,(besides a wine) yes a barbeque. This a perfect recipe to impress your friends.