Check this out! An easy Vegan Indian Curry that you can prepare in 5 minutes. No fancy tools involved. Just a straightforward, no brainer. Tasty dish!
Hearty Vegan and Gluten Free Indian Curry. Check this out! An easy Vegan curry that you can prepare in 5 minutes. No fancy tools involved. Just a straightforward, no brainer. Tasty dish!
Forget about takeaways. You can throw this delicious meal together in 10 minutes. And let the oven work its magic. The aroma of the spices in your kitchen will have your neighbors knocking on your door.
This hearty Curry is the vegan version of a vindaloo but without the meat. It tastes incredible, and its full of spices and goodness.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Feeds: 4 people (Good helpings)
- Cook Time: One hour
- Proof: Idiot
Looks yummy! And on the table within an hour and a half. MAX! And the best part is it tastes even better. The beauty of this dish is you have probably got all the spices in your kitchen cupboard! And if you have not they are inexpensive to buy and it will a 2.50oz of spice will last you many of curries to come.
Ok, let get you started!
How to make your Vegan Indian Style Curry.
You need easy simple ingredients and a pot (oven proof).
- 2 Teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- 3 Teaspoons of Curry Powder (Gluten Free)
- 2 and a half teaspoons of Chili Powder (Hot, but mild if you want. Up to you)
- Quarter teaspoon of Rosemary (Dried)
- Half Teaspoon of black pepper
- Half Teaspoon of salt
- 2 Teaspoons of Cumin Seed
- 1 Teaspoon of Coriander Seed
- 3 to 4 Bay leaves (Depending on size)
- 4 Cloves
- 1 Can of chickpea or red beans
- 1 Can coconut cream
- 1 Can chopped tomatoes (canned is best, but you can use fresh)
- Fresh Coriander (For topping)
- 1 Fresh Lime (For topping)
- 2 Large Potatoes
- 1 Red onion
- 3 or 4 garlic cloves
- Vegetable of your choice, green beans carrots. Whatever you want.
- 2 Spicy fresh Peppers of your choice. I use the spiciest ones i can get my hand on in Belize. Spice is not for everyone and this dish is fine without the hot peppers!
Now you have got all your ingredients together. Let’s start!
- Chop onion
- Chop potatoes into small squares
- Dice garlic
- Chop vegetable (of your choice)
- Put all the herbs into your (oven proof) pot of choice
- Add your onion, garlic, potatoes, and vegetables to the pot
- Add the can of coconut cream. and chopped tomatoes
- Stir everything together in the pot, making sure all them spices are now nice and blended together
- Put the pot into the oven with a lid on (if no lid use foil as a substitute).
- Cook for about an hour on 200.
- Check to see if the potatoes are cooked if they are, take your dish out of the oven. Plate it and add the chopped fresh coriander and a wedge of lime.
When I cook this meal I use Brown rice to go with it. If you have no Brown rice, white rice is fine too.
My daughter will not eat the white rice far too unhealthy apparently. But that’s ok with me because brown rice is tasty. Especially if you cook it in coconut water or coconut cream.
You may also wonder why I have put “use a foil lid for a substitute”. As you will know if you have been keeping up with my blogs. We have just moved to Belize, so seriously I have no lid for my pot. Argh
Just before I sign Off – The beauty of this is if you have a meat-eating husband you can put this into two pots and add chicken or whatever meat he wants to the other dish. Everyone’s Happy! And you’re a great Wife.
I hope you love this Easy Vegan Indian Curry. I’d love to hear your feedback below in the comments! Let me know what you think x
Originally posted 2018-11-20 18:31:50.