A morning Smoothie to get your Teen full of energy and ready for the day!
Let’s face it, being a Vegan has definitely got pros. Instead of a bowl of boring rice crispies or corn flakes. This tasty morning Smoothie is delicious. And you can make it in five minutes.
- 3 quarter of a cup of Rice milk, or almond milk (Rice milk is the better option, more explained below)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 14 frozen strawberries (or fresh)
- 1 banana
- 1 1/2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 Frozen Raspberries (or fresh)
Directions: 1: Chop the banana and throw everything into the blender until smooth.
Interesting Facts about the ingredients:
1. Rich source of Calcium
2. Rich source of Magnesium (Energy)
3. Low in calories (Slows digestion and makes you feel fuller)
4. Enhances Immune response to disease
5. Controls blood sugar levels (Reduces risk of diabetes type 2)
6. Reduces hormone-related cancers (Breast, prostate, Ovarian)
1. No health benefits (Alternative to sugar as it has a low glycemic index
1. Rich in fiber, antioxidants and several nutrients. A medium-sized banana contains about 105 calories.
2. Contain nutrients that can help moderate blood sugar levels after meals.
3. Rich in fiber and resistant starch.
4. They are low in calories(approx 105 calories)
5. Potassium and magnesium.
6. Several antioxidants.
6. Contain high amounts of resistant starch or pectin, (depending on ripeness). Can help reduce appetite and keep you full.
7. Eating a banana several times a week may reduce the risk of kidney disease by up to 50%.
8. Bananas may help relieve muscle cramps caused by exercise.
1. Low in calories (approximately 50 calories per cup)
2. Vitamin C among other things can help improve the absorption of iron from your diet. It assists in converting iron that is poorly absorbed, such as a vegan diet that is plant-based. This is useful for people on a meat-free diet, as meat is a major source of Iron.
3. Anti-aging antioxidants
4. Fiber can lower cholesterol levels, a high-fiber diet can help you reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes,
5. Vitamin K refers to a group of fat-soluble vitamins that play a role in blood clotting, bone metabolism, and regulating blood calcium levels.
6. Folate is one of the B-vitamins and is needed to make red and white blood cells in the bone marrow, convert carbohydrates into energy, and produce DNA.
7. Vitamin A helps skin health, supports immunity, boosts vision, lowers cholesterol and keeps your bones healthy.
1. It’s the least allergenic of milk alternatives.
2. It can be fortified to be a good source of calcium.
1. It’s low in calories and contains no saturated fat or cholesterol.
2. It’s a good source of vitamins A and D.
3. It’s naturally lactose-free.
1. The oil from raspberries has a sun protection factor.
2. A high proportion of dietary fiber. They are one of the plant foods with the highest ranking of fiber content. Of all contents, the fiber comprises around 20% of the berry’s total weight.
3. Can be considered one of the best natural treatment for cancer
4. Excellent sources of vitamin C, and dietary fiber. They are also rich in B vitamins, folic acid, copper, and iron. They have the highest concentration of antioxidant strength amongst all fruits.
5. Raspberry is high in dietary fiber and manganese. Fiber aids in slowing down the digestive process, making you feel fuller for longer.
6. The Antioxidants works like magic on wrinkles.
Hey all, hope you have enjoyed this blog. And please let me know when you try this delicious breakfast, what you think of it!
Have a great day and don’t forget to comment…